Export applicants from a LinkedIn job post in 5 easy steps
In this article, we will explain how Parseur can help automatically export applicants of a LinkedIn job post to Excel, Google Sheets or any HR application. For this to work, we will extract text from LinkedIn job application notifications received by email.
We will focus here on LinkedIn Job ads but this article is actually applicable to any Job Ad board website that sends an email when a candidate applies to a job post.
Manually tracking applicants? Bad idea.
Maybe you are currently tracking applications manually, copying and pasting applicants information into a tool like Excel.
This is not a workable solution for several reasons:
- Time intensive. Calculate the time spent on manually tracking candidates multiplied by the number of candidates. You may be horrified by the result.
- Costly. Multiply the time spent manually tracking candidates by the cost of your HR team. It may be more than you are willing to spend for such a low added value activity.
- Error prone. Ever had the case of missing an email or wrongly copying the data? You don't want your company to look bad and often the first contact with a company is a deciding factor for an applicant.
What if you could automate processing of LinkedIn job applications received by email for a fraction of the effort and cost you are currently spending?
How to extract text from job applications with Parseur?
Step 1: Create your free Parseur account
If you don't have an account already, create a Parseur account. Parseur is free to start with for a limited number of emails sent per month.
Free to start with. All features enabled on our Free plan!
Step 4: Check the parsed results automatically processed by Parseur
If Parseur recognizes the email, it will process the document automatically.
Here is an example of parsed data by Parseur with the original email:
|JobRole||Senior Project Manager|
|ApplicantName||John D. Smith|
|ApplicantDetails||PMP Certified Project Manager|
|ApplicantLocation||Boston Area, MA, USA|
|CurrentPosition||Senior Manager at Accenture|
Manager at Accenture
Project Manager at Capgemini
|Education||Grenoble School of Computer Science|
|ApplicantPhone||+1 234 456 7890|
Now, for every email you send, Parseur will automatically extract the information you asked for!
Step 5: Export your job application data to any applications of your choice
The last step is to decide where you want to export job application data to.
You have several options:
- Download the data and open it in Excel
- Download the data as CSV and feed it to the application of your choice
- Automatically export your data in Google Sheet: the spreadsheet will be automatically updated every time a new job application is received
- Automatically export your data in real time to the HR application of your choice like Zoho Recruit, Workable or Breezy HR using our Zapier integration
- Export to your custom application through a webhook
Bonus: consolidate applications from different Job Ad websites
And it can quickly become a nightmare to manage applications in different platforms.
Fortunately, with Parseur, you can create a template for each of these platforms inside the same mailbox. Parseur will automatically choose the template that is the most similar to the email you send (or ask you to create a new one, if it doesn't recognize it).
With Parseur, you can easily consolidate job applications from different platforms into a single source of truth to manage all applications!
Frequently Asked Questions
What information does Parseur extract from job applications emails?
Parseur will extract all information available on the email. It varies from one platform to the other, but most of the time Parseur will be able to extract:
- Job Post or Role name
- Phone number
- Current title and position
- Past title and position
Here is an example of one of our built-in template used to extract information from LinkedIn:
What if one of my emails aren't recognized by Parseur?
If your job applications come from a well known platform and you have sample emails, you can contact us and ask us to add support.
If it is a small platform (for example from your own website), you can create you own template to tell Parseur what to extract from those emails.
Where can I learn more about Parseur?
Click on the link below to visit our home page and learn more about Parseur.
Don't hesitate to use the chat box to contact us if you have any question!