Email to Trello: creating cards from emails automatically
Create Trello cards with text extracted from emails using Parseur
Trello offers a great virtual board for managing and collaborating on projects. Parseur is a popular email parsing platform that can extract text automatically from any of your mails. Bringing the two together, you can automatically create a custom card in Trello every time you receive a specific email. It’ll free you up from the boring copy/paste routine and let you focus on your project activities!
For example, some of our customers want to be able to create a new card in Trello when:
- They receive a contact or quote request by email from a form on their website
- They made a sale from their Etsy/eBay/Amazon shop, and they now need to fulfill it
- They received an email notification from their monitoring systems that they have to investigate
If your email notification volume is low and non-urgent, you can start by manually copying email notifications directly in your Trello board. But why spend time doing boring work when you can have it done automatically? The time you save can be used to grow your business... or to just leave work early ;-)
How this Email to Trello integration works
- A new email notification is received in your Parseur mailbox
- Parseur extracts the relevant information
- Parseur sends the data to Zapier
- Zapier creates a new card on your Trello board
What you will need
To use this integration you will need:
What is Parseur?
Parseur is a powerful document processing software to extract text from emails, PDFs and documents and automate your workflow. All Parseur features.
What is Trello?
Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process. More about Trello.
What is Zapier?
Zapier is a cloud automation tool that connects apps together. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration.