With Parseur, you can easily export web forms (e.g. with data coming from Contact Form 7) into any database or application like Excel or Google Sheets.
The need to export web forms arises in a broad range of use cases
There are many situations where you need to export web form data from your website to a database. Most of the time, you would receive web form data by email and need to find a way to parse the emails and extract data.
Most common use cases are:
- Export web forms to Excel: your form on your website has gotten quite some traction and you need to sort out the data in Excel or Google Sheets
- Send data from Contact Form 7 to a database: you’re using Contact Form 7 plugin on your WordPress site that sends you an email for every submission. You want the form data in a database like MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQL Server
- Export contact form to Google Sheets: your visitors can contact you via a form on your website and you would like to track your messages in Google Sheets to make sure you don’t miss any request
- Track online sign ups to an event: visitor can register online to your event (conference, seminar, classroom, concert etc.) and you want to track all registration in Google Sheet to easily contact them as the date of your event gets close.
- Send website leads to your CRM application: visitors interested by your product or service can leave their contact details on your website so that you can get in touch with them. You want to have those leads directly fed into your CRM (HubSpot, Highrise, Salesforce etc.)
- Send support requests to your ticketing tool: you have a form on your website so that your users can use if they need help. You want to send those support requests to a tool like Zendesk, Github or Trello
- Easily integrate your form during prototyping phase: you are prototyping a website where users can fill their data in a form and the data will be sent to another application. While in the prototyping phase you’re looking for a quick and easy way to send data from your form to your existing application.
Manual data entry is not a solution
The obvious solution is to send yourself an email every time somebody submits a request through your form. That’s what Contact Form 7 offers by default. And then you would manually do the data entry. That’s very fair when the volume of requests remains low and is non critical.
But when your volume picks up, you’ll find yourself spending way more time than you’d like doing manual data entry. Who dreams of copying and pasting form data to a spreadsheet for hours? Nobody. On top of that, you can mistakenly introduce errors or miss emails.
Manual data entry is bad. Let’s automate this!
Fully automated solution: export web form data with Parseur
This is where Parseur can help. In fact, Parseur is an email parser service that extracts and exports information from emails to any application. Our customers are using Parseur to automatically export web forms data and send it to any database or application.
Parseur works out of emails. So the first step is to make sure that every form submission on your website is sending an email that contains the data in the body of the message. Parseur does not require any specific email structure, it adapts to any format.
Example: let’s say you are a Movie Star Concierge Service based out of Los Angeles. You have a website where movie stars can send you requests.
Every time a user submits a request, you receive an email:
You want to manage those requests in Google Sheets. So you decide to use Parseur.
First, you create an account on Parseur and you’ll get started on our free forever plan.
After that, you create a new parser, send a sample email and point & click the data you are interested in. While creating your first parser, you will be guided through every step thanks to our interactive tutorial. For more information, we have also written an extensive article on how to create your first Parser.
Once completed, you should get a template similar to the one below:
Now, for every email you send, Parseur will automatically extract the information you highlighted!
Result example with Mr. Murray’s email:
|Request||I need help|
|Message||I’ve lost a groundhog. Have you seen seen it?|
Send your form data where it belongs
The last step is to decide where you want to export web forms to.
You have several options:
- Download the data and open it in Excel
- Download the data as CSV and manually feed it to the application of your choice
- Automatically export your data in Google Sheet: the spreadsheet will be automatically updated every time a new email is processed, you won’t have to do anything!
- Automatically export your data in real time to the application of your choice like Insightly, HubSpot, Highrise and hundreds more using our Zapier integration:
- Need a custom integration with your specific platform? Contact us!
That’s it ! You are now able to automatically process your web form requests and export data where you need it to be!