In this article, we will explain how Parseur can help automatically export applicants of a LinkedIn job post to Excel, Google Sheets or any HR tool. We will focus here on LinkedIn Job ads but this article is actually applicable to any Job Ad board website that can send you an email when a candidate applies to a job post.
New! Ready-made Job Application parser.
We are now able to extract data from job application emails automatically for a wide range of delivery providers like LinkedIn, Indeed, CareerBuilder and many more. With this feature that we call “ready-made parser”, just create a mailbox in Parseur and forward your emails to it. If the email is from one of our supported providers, we’ll parse it automatically for you! If your provider isn’t recognised, you can contact us and we’ll add it to the list. Alternatively, just create your own template as described further down in this article.
The problem with LinkedIn Job Posts
Adding a job post from your company on LinkedIn is a great way to get extended visibility and attract the best candidates for a job. In fact, LinkedIn has the best and largest pool of high quality referenced professionals in the world.
However, your job post may sometimes become victim of its own success as you may receive hundreds of applications for a single post.
So, you would like to export all those jobs applications into your own tool. But how?
Manually tracking applicants in a spreadsheet is not a solution
Maybe today you are manually tracking applications, copying and pasting applicants information into a tool like Excel.
This is not a workable solution for several reasons:
- Calculate the time spent on manually tracking a candidates multiplied by the number of candidates. You may be horrified by the result
- Multiply the time spent manually tracking candidates by the cost of your HR team. It may be more than you are willing to spend for such a low added value activity.
- Ever had the case of missing an email or wrongly copying the data ? You don’t want your company to look bad and often the first contact with a company is a deciding factor for an applicant.
What if you could automate the processing of LinkedIn job applications received by email for a fraction of the effort and cost you are currently spending?
Parseur to the rescue: automate export of LinkedIn job applications
This is where Parseur can help. Parseur is an email processing service that exports information from emails to any application. Our customers are using Parseur to automatically process LinkedIn Job Applications.
Every time a candidate submits his application on your LinkedIn job post, you receive an email with a summary of the candidate profile, experience and contact information. That email contains all information you need to manage your application pipeline.
Data you will likely want to capture:
- Job Post or Role name
- Phone number
- Current title and position
- Past title and position
- Recommendations (if any)
- Number of connections
How to export job applications with Parseur?
First, create an account and you’ll get started on our free forever plan.
Then, create a new mailbox, send a sample email and point & click the data you are interested in. While creating your first mailbox, you will be guided through every step thanks to our interactive tutorial. For more information, we have also written an extensive article on how to setup your Parseur mailbox.
Once completed, you should get a template similar to the one below:
Now, for every email you send, Parseur will automatically extract the information you asked for!
Example with the original email:
|Job Ad||Senior Project Manager|
|Title||PMP Certified Project Manager|
|Location||Boston Area, MA, USA|
|Current||Senior Manager at Accenture|
|Past||Manager at Accenture Project Manager at Capgemini|
|Education||Grenoble School of Computer Science|
|Phone||+1 234 456 789|
Pro tip: you may also want to make LinkedIn send these emails directly to Parseur:
- Add the email address we created for you as the LinkedIn notification email address. This way, all candidate applications will directly be sent to Parseur and processed automatically.
- Alternatively, you can also set up a forwarding rule in your email client so that every email corresponding to your filters (e.g. sender is linkedin.com) will be forwarded to Parseur. This article covers how to do that.
Send your job application data where they belong
The last step is to decide where you want to export job application data to.
You have several options:
- Download the data and open it in Excel
- Download the data as CSV and feed it to the application of your choice
- Automatically export your data in Google Sheet: the spreadsheet will be automatically updated every time a new email is processed, you won’t have to do anything!
- Automatically export your data in real time to the HR application of your choice like Zoho Recruit, Workable or Breezy HR using our Zapier integration:
- Need a custom integration with your specific platform? Contact us.
Going the extra mile: consolidate applications from different Job Ad websites with Parseur
If you are a fairly large company, you may be posting you job applications on several websites: your own company website, LinkedIn, Indeed, CraigList, Glassdoor, Monster, etc.
And it can quickly become a nightmare to manage applications in different platforms.
Fortunately, with Parseur, you can create a template for each of these platforms inside the same mailbox. Parseur will automatically choose the template that is the most similar to the email you send (or ask you to create a new one, if it doesn’t recognise it).
With Parseur, you can easily consolidate job applications from different platforms into a single source of truth to manage all applications!
Any question? Don’t hesitate to use the chat box to contact us
Click below to create your free account!