How to prevent some documents from being parsed
In this article, we'll see how to prevent some documents from being parsed by Parseur . We'll see how to create document filtering that allows you to only parse the documents you want without getting "New Template Needed" notifications from the other ones.
There are several options to prevent documents from being parsed. Let's take a look!
Prevent some documents from being forwarded to Parseur
This is often the best solution. The idea here is to restrict document forwarding to only those we want to extract data from.
Most email providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, allow to set custom filters while creating auto forwarding rules. Using those filters, you can restrict emails to forward by sender email, by subject, by content or a mix of all of these. Refer to the following article to learn more about creating filters depending on your email provider: How to automatically forward emails, the definitive guide.
Unfortunately, not all emails providers allow creating custom forward filters (Yahoo doesn't for instance). And when they do, sometimes rules to create are just too complex to manage in your email provider. For those cases, you can prevent some documents from being parsed directly in Parseur, either manually or automatically.
Prevent some documents from being parsed in Parseur
If you just have a few documents that slipped through the cracks, filter them out from the processing queue in just a click.
To manually prevent documents from being parsed in Parseur:
- Open your Parseur mailbox
- Go do your Document queue
- Locate the document you want to filter out and then either:
- Click the Eject icon to skip a document but keep it in the queue for auditing purposes. Document will get the Skipped (manual) status.
- Or Click on the Trash icon to permanently delete the document from the queue. Clicking on the icon with open a confirmation window.
If you keep getting documents in the queue that you need to filter out, you don't have to keep managing them manually.
Parseur allows to create specific templates that will automatically either Skip or Delete documents.
To automatically prevent documents from being parsed in Parseur:
Open your Parseur mailbox
Go do your Document queue
Create a new template based on the document you want to filter out
Under the "action on matching documents" select:
- Skip to keep the document but not process it. Matching documents will get the Skipped (auto) status,
- Delete to delete the document. Matching documents won't appear in the document queue anymore. Parseur will delete them immediately after matching with the template.
Create fields that will identify this document. Note that when creating Skipping or Deleting templates, the fields you create work in the opposite way as with normal templates:
- For normal data extraction templates, you normally create fields on top of pieces of text you want to extract. This data usually changes from one document to another.
- For skipping (and deleting) templates, you have to create fields on top of piece of text that are the same from one email to skip to the other. This allows Parseur to confirm that the document has to be skipped (or deleted) during the template matching process.