2018 is upon us, it’s a brand new year. We just have a couple of days left to wish you all a Happy New Year! We’re keeping the momentum at Parseur with plenty of features packed into our 2018 roadmap. But first, let’s see what’s new in Parseur this month.
New: Parseur legal entity and updated terms and privacy
Until now, Parseur was part of Intuitivo, a French company headquartered in the beautiful French Alps. Now that Parseur is taking all our focus and dedication, we are moving Parseur into it’s own legal entity, Parseur B.V., a Dutch legal entity headquartered in Rijsenhout, North Holland, surrounded by wind mills and tulip fields. And no, we didn’t choose to headquarter in the Netherlands for fiscal reasons. It just happens that some of us live in that country 🙂
New: Skip and Delete Templates
End of last year we introduced the possibility to manually skip unwanted emails in your document queue. You can now automatically skip unwanted emails by creating a skipping template. You have 2 options for handling unwanted documents in your queue:
- Skip the document: the document will remain in your queue but with a “Skipped” status which means parsed data will not be sent to any connected endpoints. Great for auditing purposes.
- Delete the document: the document will be deleted immediately and removed from the queue. Great if you’re certain you’ll never need this document or keep an audit trail.
Creating a Skip or Delete template is super simple: just select the appropriate action in the template editor when creating a template.
Note: documents matching a skip or a delete template will be counted towards your quota as they go through our parsing and matching engine.
New: Date, Time & DateTime field formats
Field formats are used to normalize your parsed data. We have added several field formats related to dates so that you can now have dates in different formats in your emails and have them normalized into the same consistent output format.
In the example below, an email is sent with several dates in different formats. A template is created to capture those dates as several fields and using different Field Format. The parsed result will have those dates decoded and converted into the chosen formats:
To use field formats, just edit a field and select the appropriate format from the drop down list. Learn more about data normalization using Field Formats.
New: DocumentURL and PublicDocumentURL extra fields
Extra fields are fields you can add to your parsed data results on top of the custom fields you created.
We added 2 extra fields this month:
- DocumentURL provides a link to the document on Parseur app. You will need to be authenticated to view that page. Use this field when the people accessing the document are the same as the ones using Parseur.
- PublicDocumentURL provides a public link to view the document as a public web page. You don’t need to be authenticated to view that page. Use this field when the people accessing the document are different from the ones using Parseur. As any person with the link can view the document, make sure you share that link only to the intended people and don’t share it on a public website.
To add or remove an extra field, navigate to your mailbox and click on the “Fields” section.
New: Display real time quota in the app
You can now check the use of your monthly quota and remaining credit in real time in the top right corner of the app. The quota notification will change color as you get closer to the limit.
Clicking on the quota display will bring you to the page to change plans. Clicking on your name will bring you to your profile summary.
New: Chrome Extension to extract data from webpages
This one is a bit of an experiment. Parseur is primarily a tool for extracting data from mails and attachments. But we always thought that, at the end of the day, Parseur could well do much more and extract data from any type of support.
We are excited to release an extension to the Chrome Browser that can send the webpage you’re currently browsing to your mailbox. You can then extract the data as you would normally with emails, just by creating a template.
Or, head over to this article, to read more about this feature.
We are interested in getting your feedback about that feature. Is this something that you need and would like to see enhanced in the future?
Other new features and improvements
We are working hard on all fronts to make Parseur the best mail parser on the market. Here are other things we’ve improved:
- Now carrying over remaining quotas during upgrades. Before, when you upgraded your Parseur account to a higher tier, if you had some unused credit, we would just discard it. That wasn’t very nice of us. Now, any remaining quota is carried over to your new plan when you upgrade.
- New “Export failed” status. When a document is processed correctly but an error is returned from one of your connected endpoints (Zapier, GetSwift of a Webhook) we will now mark the document with the “Export Failed” status.
- New “Process unprocessed” action. Navigating to the list of your documents you may now choose to either reprocess all documents (“ all”) or reprocess only the ones that were not already processed (“ unprocessed”).
- List View on Homepage. If you have many mailboxes, you may prefer to view you mailbox as a list rather than the default card view. You can now do so by clicking on the list view at the upper right end of the homepage. Click on the card view to get back to the default view.
- Improved Support Pages. We have added some more support pages about sanitizing data, enabling/disabled automatic email forwards, extracting tables from emails etc. To access the support articles, navigate to your mailbox and go to the “Need Help?” section. Alternatively, use this link.
- Improved support for list of items in GetSwift. You can now properly add the list of items in GetSwift by using the Table format feature. We have converted most of our ready made delivery templates to use this feature.
- Improved overall performance. We have made a few performance optimizations under the hood that will make the app feels snappier while using.
That’s all folks!
As usual, we always welcome you comments or questions. Feel free to contact us on the chat for any question or feedback!