In this tutorial, we will describe how to automate your data entry process and convert emails to Google Sheets using Parseur. In fact, many businesses rely on data from emails on a day-to-day basis and want to track them in Google Sheets. And Google spreadsheets are great because they can be accessed from anywhere and allow real time updates and collaboration. With Parseur, take your Google Sheets to the next level and have your emails data directly uploaded into your spreadsheet.
The problem: track emails data in Google Sheets
There are many reasons why you would need to get your emails to Google Sheets.
For example, this is why some of our users need to convert their emails to into Google Sheets:
- Transform Leads or User inquiries received from their website contact form: by tracking all emails in a spreadsheet, you make sure no request is left behind and unanswered. It is also a cheap but super efficient way to create your own custom CRM
- Track Purchase Orders and Shipping fulfillment notifications: if you’re a medium sized merchant selling products on various marketplaces, you will want to have an overview of all your purchase orders and shipping fulfillment emails in a consolidated Google Spreadsheet
- Automatically build a consolidated audit trail for tax and accounting purposes: for small to medium companies, accounting is a well known time sink. Building the list of all expenses and revenues for a tax audit is often quite consuming and has no immediate return value for the business. Hence, automating it is a must. With Parseur, you can send all your expenses and customer purchases to a single email address, create a template for each format and then let Parseur in auto pilot for building your tax and accounting audit trail.
Convinced ? Let’s automate everything with Parseur and Google Sheets!
Step 1: Create a Parseur Account
You can create your Parseur account here. It’s free!
Step 2: Setup up your first mailbox
We have written an extensive step by step article on your to setup your Parseur account. In case this is your first time using Parseur, we recommend you to go read it and come back here once you have a working mailbox.
Once done, you will have a mailbox that takes emails as input and automatically transform them into structured data, extracting exactly what you asked for.
Step 3: Export your emails to Google Sheets
Exports to Google Sheets are very straight forward. By default, parseur gives you 3 links to get your data in 3 different format: Excel, CSV and JSON.
Fortunately, Google Sheets has a very handy formula named
IMPORTDATA() that takes an URL with CSV format and automatically imports it in a Sheet. This is the formula we are going to use.
We have already prepared that formula for you. Just go in the Export menu and copy the formula.
Next, all you have to do is:
- Connect to your google account
- Go to your Google Sheets dashboard
- Create a new Sheet (or open an existing one)
- Paste the
IMPORTDATA()formula we gave you in one of the sheet (typically in cell
- Wait for the data to finish loading
That’s it ! Your data is now in Google Sheets.